Keywords: Safety, Coupling, Roll Away
Vehicle and trailer runaway incidents, caused by the inadvertent or early release of trailer brakes still occur with all too common regularity in our industry. Tragically, such incidents often lead to serious injury or even fatalities.
There are a number of reasons why such scenarios may arise. Most notably however, is the widely held miss-conceptions that the removal of the red line when un-coupling, automatically applies the trailer brakes, consequently many drivers simply do not apply the physical trailer park-brake. This dangerous practice heightens the risk of rollaway situations occurring the next time someone couples up to the trailer in question.
SafeConnect, is an award winning safety device from Maple that protects a driver throughout the coupling process, ensuring that trailer brakes can only be released once the driver has returned to the cab and is in complete control of the vehicle.
A simple, user friendly and cost effective safety device, SafeConnect encourages drivers to adopt and follow best practice coupling procedures, yet acts as an automatic fail-safe in the event procedures are not correctly adhered to.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ensures trailer brakes are permanently applied throughout the coupling process
- Prevents trailer rollaway / runaway scenarios caused by early or inadvertent release of trailer brakes
- Protects driver against potential crushing on the catwalk when connecting service lines
- Blocks airflow to the emergency redline until coupling completed
- No additional procedures for the driver to carry out or administer
- Ensures trailer brakes can only be released once the driver is safely in the cab
- Automatic setting safety application
- Manual override facility
- Can be upgraded to offer trailer immobilisation (prevent unauthorised trailer coupling)
- 3 Year standard warranty
Disclaimer: Third Party Content
This web page makes information of third parties available. The third party content is not created or endorsed by Don-Bur. The provision of third party content is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation or solicitation to purchase or make any other type of investment or investment decision. The third party content is obtained from sources believed to be reliable and no guarantees are made by Don-Bur or the providers of the third party content as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness. Don-Bur shall not be held liable for any investment decision or other transaction based on reliance on or use of such data, or any liability that may arise due to delays or interruptions in the delivery of the third party content for any reason. There is no warranty of merchantability, no warranty of fitness for a particular use and no warranty of non-infringement. There is no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding third party content.