Health & Safety Policy Statement of Intent
We are fully committed to achieving a high level of Health and Safety throughout Don-Bur. Consequently we recognise and accept our responsibility for securing the Health, Safety and Welfare of all our staff and others who may be affected by the company’s activities. This is our legal minimum requirement under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HASAW1974).
We recognise this and insofar as reasonably practicable we intend to exceed these requirements
To this end, it is our intention that the organisation operates in such a manner so as to achieve the following:
- A safe and healthy place to work which has adequate welfare facilities, safe access and egress to and from it and adequate arrangements for dealing with an emergency.
- Machinery and equipment which is safe to use and work which is safe to undertake.
- Arrangements which ensure that articles (e.g. raw materials, products) and substances (e.g. chemicals cleaning agents) are safe to use, handle, store and transport.
- Removing or reducing risks to a safe level and controlling any hazard that have been identified following risk assessment.
- Providing staff with the information, instruction, training and supervision required to ensure that they are able to complete the work safely.
- Ensure that staff are consulted with and informed of issues relating to Health and Safety.
- Ensuring that competent technical advice is provided by staff or where necessary external consultants.
It is our belief that compliance with this policy will positively contribute to the performance of the company as a whole – by maintaining a low rate of injuries and ill health and reducing unnecessary losses and liabilities.
We will pursue the implementation of the following Health and Safety commitments in order to ensure the continual improvement to Health and safety.
We shall, so far as reasonably practicable:
- Ensure that Health and Safety objectives form an integral part of the decision making process when setting other service objectives.
- Ensure that effective systems of communication are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure adequate financial and physical resources are available to achieve our Health and Safety goals and objectives.
- Ensure that expert advice is called upon when required to enable the policy to be implemented.
- Ensure that all workplace hazards are controlled – this will be achieved by ensuring the risk assessments are conducted and control measures are adequately implemented.
- Ensure that all staff are encouraged and given the facility to make a positive contribution to the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy.
Any amendments will be bought to the notice of all staff.