Social & Ethical Policy
Principles of Social Responsibility
Fair working conditions
In recognition of the importance of providing fair working conditions, the Don-Bur Group respects people and recognises fundamental human rights and expects people working and employed by the Don-Bur Group ("Associates") to act in the same way.
1. Non-discrimination and Non-harassment
The Don-Bur Group does not tolerate acts of discrimination or harassment. In particular, the Don-Bur Group does not:
(1) unlawfully discriminate against anyone based on, for example, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, political affiliation, union membership, marital status, nationality, ethnic background, religion, or disability; or,
(2) violate a person's dignity by engaging in harassment or abuse (on any grounds or in any form), corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or threat of any such treatment.
2. Fair and lawful labour practices
The Don-Bur Group strives to comply with all local laws and regulations, instructions of competent authorities or appropriate local industry practices in relation to working conditions including hours, wages and benefits (including minimum wages) and overtime hours.
3. Freedom of association
The Don-Bur Group respects the rights of employees to associate freely with others, join or not join labour unions, seek representation and join workers' councils in accordance with local laws and regulations.
4. Child and forced labour
The Don-Bur Group does not tolerate or engage in illegal labour practices. In particular the Don-Bur Group does not:
(1) use forced labour or involuntary prison labour;
(2) require Associates to hand over government-issued identification, passports or work permits to Don-Bur as a condition of employment (except temporary hand over for identification confirmation or government formalities);
(3) knowingly employ any persons below the age for completing compulsory schooling in accordance with local laws;
(4) knowingly employ persons under 15 years old (or 14 where the law of the country permits); or
(5) assign Associates under the age of 18 to work that is likely to jeopardize their health or safety.
5. Clearly defined disciplinary policies
The Don-Bur Group shall clearly define disciplinary policies and procedures and communicate these policies and procedures to its employees.
6. Whistleblowing system
Each Don-Bur Group company shall establish a whistleblowing system and encourage Associates to report any violations of these Principles, other company policies, local laws and regulations. The Don-Bur Group does not authorise Associates to retaliate against persons for making a good faith report of a violation and, where appropriate and if permitted by local laws, shall ensure the anonymity of any whistleblowers.
Health & Safety Policy Statement of Intent
Please see independent document
Ethical and respectable business practices
The Don-Bur Group will act with the highest integrity and ethics in all aspects of our activities.
1. Fair dealing
The Don-Bur Group will comply with the anti-trust and competition laws of the countries and regions which apply to our operation and will not engage in any acts which will restrict or distort free and fair competition.
In purchasing goods and services, Don-Bur will select suppliers impartially and upon fair conditions.
2. Proper advertising
The Don-Bur Group shall uphold and comply with applicable standards of advertising and the Don-Bur Group will refrain from knowingly using any misleading or inaccurate advertising.
3. Improper advantage
The Don-Bur Group shall not engage in any form of corruption, extortion or embezzlement. Bribes or other means of obtaining undue or improper advantage are not to be offered or accepted.
4. Reporting and recording accurate corporate information
The Don-Bur Group shall record and report all necessary information including accounting records promptly and accurately, and retain them properly.
The Don-Bur Group shall make accurate and timely disclosure of financial status and information on business operations to shareholders, investors and applicable capital markets to facilitate informed investment decisions in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Moreover, the Don-Bur Group shall require Associates to ensure that statements of a personal nature appearing in newspapers or magazines, and on radio, television, video or via the internet will not give the appearance of speaking or acting on Don-Bur's behalf.
5. Information management
The Don-Bur Group has rigorous information management systems and ensures that Associates will not unlawfully disclose confidential information relating to the Don-Bur Group companies, other organisations or our customers to third parties without consent.
6. Protection of personal information
The Don-Bur Group respects the privacy of our customers, business contacts and Associates and has developed safeguards designed to limit access to their personal information in accordance with local privacy laws. The Don-Bur Group safeguards private information, including personal data, lists of our customers and employees and does not authorise our Associates to share private information, unless it is done in accordance with local data protection laws and our applicable privacy policies or otherwise with permission, as appropriate.
7. Policy against insider trading
Associates shall not become involved in illegal insider trading. Illegal insider trading is generally to trade securities while in possession of material, non-public information about the security.
8. Protection of intellectual property rights
The Don-Bur Group shall endeavour to secure, maintain, and expand the Don-Bur Group's intellectual property rights (including but not limited to patent rights, trademark rights and copyrights) and the Don-Bur Group will respect the intellectual property rights of third parties. The Don-Bur Group and Associates shall not intentionally infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
Management System to implement these Principles
The Don-Bur Group will establish a management system to implement these Principles as follows:
(1) each Don-Bur Group company shall implement its own code of conduct which, together with other company rules, satisfies the standard set by these Principles and require its Associates to comply with such code;
(2) each Don-Bur Group company shall, according to its organisation, clarify the department responsible for implementation of its code of conduct;
(3) each Don-Bur Group company shall give regular training to its employees with respect to compliance with its code of conduct;
(4) each Don-Bur Group company shall perform periodic auditing to ensure conformity with these Principles; and,
(5) each Don-Bur Group company shall correct in a timely fashion any deficiencies identified by periodic audits.
The senior management at Don-Bur (Bodies & Trailers) Ltd shall be responsible for ensuring implementation of these Principles by each company of the Don-Bur Group and the management systems as well as reviewing the status of the management system on a regular basis.