What is a PPT: Powered Pallet Truck?
A powered pallet truck (PPT), also known as an electric pallet truck or walkie stacker, is a material handling equipment used to lift and transport pallets. It is a battery-powered forklift that is operated by walking behind it. PPTs are commonly used in warehouses, distribution centers, and retail stores.
What are the benefits of using a powered pallet truck?
PPTs offer several benefits over manual pallet jacks, including:
- Increased productivity: PPTs can move pallets more quickly and efficiently than manual pallet jacks.
- Reduced operator fatigue: PPTs eliminate the need for operators to push and pull pallets, which can reduce fatigue and prevent injuries.
- Improved safety: PPTs have features that can help to prevent accidents, such as emergency stop buttons and brakes.
What are the different types of powered pallet trucks?
There are several different types of PPTs, including:
- Standard PPTs: These are the most common type of PPT. They are designed for general use and can lift pallets up to 3,000 pounds.
- Heavy-duty PPTs: These PPTs are designed for lifting heavier pallets, up to 5,000 pounds.
- Reach trucks: These PPTs have a reach fork that can extend out to retrieve pallets from high shelves.
- Pallet stackers: These PPTs can lift pallets to heights of up to 10 feet.
What is a LLOP: Low Level Order Picker ?
A low level order picker (LLOP) is a material handling equipment used to pick items from shelves. It is a battery-powered forklift that has a platform that can raise and lower the operator. LLPs are commonly used in warehouses and distribution centers.
What are the benefits of using a low level order picker?
LLOPs offer several benefits over manual order picking, including:
- Increased productivity: LLPs allow operators to pick items more quickly and efficiently than manual order picking.
- Reduced operator fatigue: LLPs eliminate the need for operators to climb ladders or walk long distances, which can reduce fatigue and prevent injuries.
- Improved accuracy: LLPs can help to improve picking accuracy by providing a stable platform for operators to pick items.
What are the different types of low level order pickers?
There are several different types of LLPs, including:
- Stand-up LLPs: These LLPs have a platform that the operator stands on.
- Sit-down LLPs: These LLPs have a seat for the operator to sit on.
- Turret LLPs: These LLPs have a rotating turret that allows the operator to pick items from both sides of an aisle.
When to use a PPT vs. LLOP
PPTs and LLPs are both used for material handling, but they have different purposes. PPTs are best for transporting pallets over long distances, while LLPs are best for picking items from shelves.
Published: Tue 21 Nov 2023
Updated: Tue 09 Jan 2024